Inspections performed today of Canyons District schools and facilities indicate none of our buildings sustained structural damage during Wednesday morning’s earthquake. All facilities have been deemed safe to occupy.
That said, we understand many parents and students in our community have heightened concern about possible additional seismic activity and the continued spread of COVID-19. For that reason, employees who were scheduled to work in schools this week to assist the public have been told they may work from home Thursday and Friday.
Each school principal has been given the flexibility to decide if his or her school will be open with a small staff to ensure that students receive hard-copy materials for at-home learning. Parents are asked to call their child’s school or check their school’s website for information about whether the school is open and distributing the materials.
Teachers will be working, however, to actively support the at-home instruction of students. Plan for a day of learning on Thursday, and be sure to familiarize yourself with the study guides found at our Parent Connections portal. If your family is in need of a computing device to support online learning throughout the dismissal, please complete the technology survey that was emailed this afternoon to all CSD families.
The grab-and-go lunch program also will resume service tomorrow, Thursday, March 19, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the locations listed below. We ask for patience and understanding as we provide this service with a limited number of workers. If you have questions, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org and a representative will be ready to help you.
- Bell View Elementary, 9800 S. 800 East
- Copperview Elementary, 8449 S. Monroe Street
- Crescent Elementary, 11100 S. 230 East
- East Midvale Elementary, 6990 S. 300 East
- Midvale Elementary, 7830 Chapel Street
- Park Lane Elementary, 9955 S. 2300 East
- Ridgecrest Elementary, 1800 E. 7200 South
- Sandy Elementary, 8725 S. 280 East
- Sprucewood Elementary, 12025 S.1000 East
- Willow Springs Elementary, 13288 Lone Rock Dr.
- Butler Middle, 7530 S. 2700 East
- Eastmont Middle, 10100 S. 1300 East
- Union Middle, 615 E. 8000 South
- Hillcrest High, 350 S 900 East
- Jordan High, 95 E. Beetdigger Blvd.